Effective date: Dec 1, 2020
Collection of information
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us via the Service, such as when you register, create an account profile, subscribe to our emails, mobile messages, push notifications, or social media notifications, post on our forums or blogs, participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion, survey, or poll, communicate with us, shop our online store, order physical or digital gift cards, request customer support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us through the Service.
Information we collect automatically
We, our service providers and Third Party Services (defined below) may automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our Service. This information, which may in some cases be considered Personal Information/Personal Data under applicable law, may include demographic information; IP address; browser/device/hardware type; operating system characteristics; information about your use of our Service; and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device), such as unique device identifiers, type, model, version, MAC address, device or session ID, error related data status, capability, confirmation, functionality, performance data, and connection type. This information may also include clickstream data, which is information about the page-by-page paths you take as you browse through the Service.
The methods that we, our service providers and Third Party Services may use to automatically collect such information in connection with our Service include:
• Log Information: Information about your use of our Service, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our Service.
• Cookies: Cookies are data files that are placed on a computer when it is used to visit a website. These cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, tracking user preferences or web pages visited while using our Service. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Service. For example, cookies allow us to store items in your cart between visits. In addition, please be aware that if you choose to block or delete cookies, some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected.
• Web Beacons: Small graphic images called web beacons, also known as "Internet tags" or "clear gifs," in our web pages and email messages. We may use web beacons or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, counting the number of visitors to our Service, monitoring how users navigate the Service, and counting how many emails that we sent were actually opened or how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
• Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and is deleted or deactivated thereafter.
• Location-identifying Technologies: GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering and other location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you, or make assumptions about your location, for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting content based on your location. If you have enabled GPS or use other location-based features on the Service, your device location may be tracked. Our store finder feature may access and use information about your device location (such as based on IP address), or your account information, to suggest appropriate store locations.
• Fingerprinting: Collection and analysis of information from your device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts, and other data, for purposes of identification and/or tracking.
• Device Recognition Technologies: Technologies, including the application of statistical probability to data sets, as well as linking a common unique identifier to different device use, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user or household)(“Cross-device Data”).
We, our service providers, and other third parties may associate Tracking Technologies with your device when you visit the Service that permits tracking of your online activities across time and different services, and associate different devices you use, for purposes including to send you product promotions that are aligned with your purchase trends and/or interests identified through automatically-collected information. See the "Advertising & Analytics Services and Online Tracking" and "Analytics, Advertising, Online Tracking and Your Choices" sections below for more information on use of Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding that. We are giving you notice of the Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them so that your consent to encountering them is meaningfully informed.
Information we collect from other sources
Advertising & analytics services and online tracking
This means that some information about your browsing of the Service and certain third-party locations and services may be shared with these companies for the purpose of delivering content, offers, and ads to you on the Service and certain third-party locations and services, and we may receive from some of these companies information about third party locations and services that you have visited and other information about you, including Cross-device Data. This information may be used for marketing purposes and the practice is sometimes termed “interest-based advertising” or "retargeting" to indicate that information from one retailer is used to suggest to you relevant products offered by another retailer. We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms. We may also use this data to provide you with more relevant content and offers on our Service and in our communications to you.
These and other third parties may also collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Service.
Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Use of information
We may use your Personal Information/Personal Data for various purposes, including to:
• Facilitate and improve your online experience;• Process your registration with our Service, including verifying that your email address(es) are active and valid;
• Manage your online account(s), including purchases, orders, payments, returns, exchanges, and forum and blog posts;
• Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, coupons, newsletters, rewards, and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage or opt-out of these communications, please see the "Your Choices" section below).
• Improve our Service, mobile applications, marketing efforts, products, and services;
• Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content, or features that match your profile and interests;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
• Process and deliver contest, promotion, and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
• Process and track your redemption of digital coupons and associate those redemptions with your account;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
• Contact you regarding your use of our Service and, in our discretion, changes to our policies;
• Provide you with notices related to our Service, products, and services;
• Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys, on our Service, products, and services;
• Prevent fraudulent transactions and monitor against threats;
• With your consent or at your direction.
In our sole discretion, we may also use aggregated and other non-personal information as permitted by applicable laws.
Sharing of information
Our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (“service providers”) may have access to, or receive from us, your Personal Information/Personal Data, and other information about you, to carry out work on our behalf; however, we do not authorize our service providers to use your Personal Information/Personal Data for any purpose other than to provide this assistance.
In addition, we may share Personal Information/Personal Data about you as follows:
• With our business partners, affiliates, and other third parties for purposes of sending their own marketing;
• To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in response to i) subpoenas or other legal process or if in our good faith opinion such disclosure is required or permitted by law; or (ii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
• To defend the Terms of Service or other policies applicable to our Service;
• To protect the rights, property, life, health, security, and safety of us or any third party;
• To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we may also use IP addresses, mobile device identifiers, or any other information we collect to identify users and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, Internet service providers, wireless service providers, or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. As permitted by applicable law, such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you;
• With our affiliates for their business purposes;
• Your redemption of digital coupons with our suppliers;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition of all or any portion of Deelightful Desserts assets, financing, disposal, conveyance or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
• To Third Party Services that interact with our Service, in connection with such interactions;
• With your consent or at your direction.
In our sole discretion, we may also share aggregated and other non-personal information as permitted by applicable law.
Information you disclose publicly or to others
The Service may permit you to submit ideas, photographs, user profiles, writings, music, video, audio recordings, computer graphics, pictures, data, questions, comments, suggestions, or other content, including Personal Information/Personal Data (collectively, “User Content”), such as on blogs and forums, and in association with your account and user profile. We or others may store, display, reproduce, publish, distribute, or otherwise use User Content online or offline in any media or format (currently existing or hereafter developed) and may or may not attribute it to you. Others may have access to this User Content and may have the ability to share it with third parties. Please think carefully before deciding what information you share, including Personal Information/Personal Data, in connection with your User Content. Please note that we do not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make public, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available on the Service or what others do with the information you share with them on the Service. We are not responsible for the accuracy, use, or misuse of any User Content that you disclose or receive from third parties through the Service. We are not responsible for User Content you submit to Third-Party Services via our Service.
Sweepstakes, contests, surveys, polls, and promotions
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, surveys, polls, and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) that may require registration or for you to submit Personal Information/Personal Data. These Promotions are strictly voluntary. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information/Personal Data may be disclosed to third parties in connection with the administration of such Promotion, such as in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law, such as on a winners list. By entering a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice, and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials. We may offer opportunities to enter a contest or sweepstakes or other features that we offer jointly with a third party. As a result of your participation in such a feature, your information may be shared with the third party that is jointly offering the feature, which will be disclosed at the time your information is collected.
Third party services
The Service may contain hyperlinks to other websites or locations, including the career, gift card, and online shopping sections of our Service, and plug-ins (e.g. Social Features discussed in the next section), third party Tracking Technologies and other third-party applications and content made available on or via our Service, that is operated by third parties ("Third Party Service(s)"). We make no representations and accept no responsibility or liability regarding the policies or business practices of such Third Party Services and encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies before accessing them or otherwise providing them with your Personal Information/Personal Data. In some cases, we and Third Party Services may each post terms and policies on a Third Party Service, in which case our terms and policies govern us and the Third Party Service operator’s terms and policies govern them.
Certain functionality in connection with the Service is specifically designed to permit social and other interactions that you initiate between the Service and Third Party Services, including third-party social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include enabling you to transmit content to the Service from your account on a Third Party Service; to “like” or “share” our Service content to Third-Party Services; to log-in to the Service using your username and password for a Third Party Service; and to otherwise connect our Service to a Third Party Service.
If you choose to use Social Features, the information you post or provide access to, including User Content, may be publicly displayed on our Service or by the provider of the Social Feature that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third-party platform, site, application or service that references our Service (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Deelightful Desserts in a tweet or status update), your post may be published also on our Service, which will be treated as User Content. Also, both Deelightful Desserts and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of our Service and the Third Party Service. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a Third Party Service give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections,” or information about you is otherwise accessible through your “connections’” web pages, profile pages, or similar pages on the Third Party Service.
You can opt out of receiving promotional email communications from us at any time by following the instructions provided in those communications. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about our on-going business relations.
Analytics, advertising, online tracking and your choices
In addition, certain advertising networks and exchanges may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") AdChoices Program and may display an Advertising Option Icon for interest-based ads. You can learn more about the DAA AdChoices Program at http://www.youradchoices.com/ and its opt-out program for mobile apps at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices In addition, certain advertising networks and exchanges may participate in the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). The NAI has developed a tool that allows consumers to opt-out of the targeted advertising delivered by NAI members' ad networks. To learn more about opting out of targeted advertising or to use the tool, click here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt-out of certain kinds of targeted advertising, you will continue to receive other types of ads. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit these opt-out webpages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or web browser or use a non-browser-based method of access (e.g., mobile app), your NAI/DAA browser-based opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective. We support the ad industry’s 2009 Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising (https://www.iab.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/OBA_OneSheet_Final.pdf) and expect that ad networks we directly engage to serve you interest-based advertising will do so as well, though we cannot guarantee their compliance. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
Users outside the United States
We take reasonable steps to have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in place to help protect your Personal Information/Personal Data. This may include, in appropriate circumstances, the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information/Personal Data, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information collected through our Service.
If you have any concerns about Deelightful Desserts or your use of the Service, please contact us at:
Deelightful Desserts LLC
1504 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70113, USA
We may not respond to all request or inquiries.